From Roland Weber <ROLWE...@de.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Automatic Proxy Configuration
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2005 05:02:20 GMT
Hello Graham,

> Just wondering if HttpClient is able to do automatic proxy
configuration,
> i.e. steal the proxy settings from the default browser?
>
> If not, is there any plan to implement such a feature?

No and no, as far as the main code base is concerned. Getting proxy
settings
from a "default browser" would be highly specific to OS or/and browser.
Also, that code would generate sandbox violations in restricted
environments.

But if I remember correctly, some code that does it for Windows has
been posted to one of the HttpClient mailing lists a few weeks ago.
Have you checked the mailing list archives?

hope that helps,
  Roland