From Gábor SEBESTYÉN <sega...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HttpClient NOT to use NTLM
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2005 10:42:14 GMT

On 2005.07.05., at 17:22, pavan kumar wrote:

> HttpClient client = new HttpClient();
> List authPrefs = new ArrayList(1);
> authPrefs.add(AuthPolicy.BASIC);
> // This will exclude the Digest & NTLM authentication scheme
> client.getParams().setParameter(AuthPolicy.AUTH_SCHEME_PRIORITY,
> authPrefs);

Is it possible that HttpClient attempts to use NTLM despite the
explicit exclusion from scheme policy? I'm struggling with my
customer. They're using a squid proxy with DOMAIN\user and host
parameters and they state these parameters are fine for basic
authentication, they use it with Firefox, Java, Lynx, etc.

If I set "DOMAIN\user" and "passwd" params to U..Credentials it will
automaticly identify them as params to use NTLM?

A piece of log:
> org.apache.commons.httpclient.auth.AuthChallengeProcessor
> selectAuthScheme
> INFO: ntlm authentication scheme selected

So what's your opinion what causes HttpClient to chose NTLM?

Gábor

"In God we trust, all others we virus scan."