From Michael Becke <mbe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Painfully slow socket buildup on Java 1.5
Date Mon, 04 Jul 2005 17:10:10 GMT
Just a guess, but it could be that 1.5 is resolving addresses
differently.  You could run some test by connecting to URLs where the
host name has already been resolved.  For example try
http://64.233.161.147/ instead of http://www.google.com/.  My guess is
that the delay has to do with when socket is opened and connected to
the remote host.  Frequently DNS resolution is the key to slowdowns in
this area.

Mike