From brian papa <brian.p...@gmail.com>
Subject avoiding a meta refresh (logging into hotmail)
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2005 20:40:25 GMT
Right now I'm working on an HttpClient-based app that will log me into
Hotmail. I've hit a bit of a roadblock though and was hoping that
somebody could offer some insight. The problem is, when I fetch the
login page (I need to parse that page so that I have the proper url
parameters for login), at the top of the page there is a meta refresh
-

<noscript>
 URL=https://login.passport.net/jsDisabled.srf?lc=1033"/>
</noscript>

Since this is built into the login page itself, "tricking" hotmail by
changing the "User-Agent" value does nothing for me. I need to figure
out a way for HttpClient to ignore the noscript tag's content, or for
it to just not perform the refresh. The API didn't seem to have
information on how to do this... is it even possible?