From "Jaya Christina B." <bj...@mahindrabt.com>
Subject RE: Post to a secure site
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2005 08:42:01 GMT

Meghana
You can refer
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/2.0/redirects.html for info on
redirects.

-Jaya

-----Original Message-----
From: Meghana [mailto:sy62k@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 28, 2005 6:04 AM
To: HttpClient User Discussion
Subject: Re: Post to a secure site

Roland and Jaya,
   Thanks for your responses. It turns out that the server that I was
posting to doesnt like scraping programs. So it was not giving the final
page that I wanted. Once I set the user agent as Mozilla Firefox, it started
working. Now I am facing a small issue.
Some times it gives the response properly and some other times it doesnt.
Instead of giving a 302 response it gives 200. Not sure whats wrong. Any
ideas are appreciated.

Thanks
-M

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/logging.html

> hope that helps,
>   Roland
>

> Meghana <sy62k@yahoo.com>
> 27.07.2005 14:43
> Please respond to
> "HttpClient User Discussion"

> HttpClient User Discussion
> <httpclient-user@jakarta.apache.org>
> cc
>
> Subject
> Re: Post to a secure site
>

> Roland,
>       Thanks for your response. So do I need to flush the some where
> in order to get the correct value in the "postResponse"? I used
> System.out.flush() in vain.
> It displays the same page. Not sure where I am erring.
>
> Thanks for you help
> -M
>
> --- Roland Weber <ROLWEBER@de.ibm.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi Meghana,
> >
> > on first glance, the code looks OK. You are aware that the document
> > from the GET request is stored as a byte array in "responseBody",
> > while the one from the POST request is stored as a string in
> > "postResponse"?
> > Since you "display" the same page twice, have you checked that the
> > display method actually tries to display "postResponse" rather than
> > "responseBody"
> > on the second occasion? Last time something like this happened in my
> > code, it was caused by some copy-and-paste bug in the debug output
> > statements.
> >
> > hope that helps,
> >   Roland
> >

> > Meghana <sy62k@yahoo.com>
> > 27.07.2005 04:57
> > Please respond to
> > "HttpClient User Discussion"

> > httpclient-user@jakarta.apache.org
> > cc
> >
> > Subject
> > Post to a secure site
> >

> > Hi,
> >    I am trying to do a post to a secure site.
> First
> > I am trying to get to
> > a page using get method and that page contains a form with at least
> > 20 parameters. I am trying to post to that page. The status from
> > that is 200 OK  but it displays the same page. Do you see any error
> > in the following code.
> >
> >     String url =
> > "https://secure.mysite.com/mydir?param=value";
> >     HttpClient client = new HttpClient();
> >     GetMethod method = new GetMethod(url); PostMethod pMethod = new

PostMethod("/path/mentioned/in/the/actionfield/of/the/form");

method.getParams().setParameter(HttpMethodParams.RETRY_HANDLER,
> >       new DefaultHttpMethodRetryHandler(3,
> false));
> >     try {
> >       int statusCode =
> client.executeMethod(method);
> >       if (statusCode != HttpStatus.SC_OK) {
> >         System.err.println("Method failed: " +
> > method.getStatusLine());
> >       }
> >       byte[] responseBody =
> > method.getResponseBody();
> >       URI postURI = new
> > URI("https","secure.mysite.com","/","");
> >    client.getHostConfiguration().setHost(postURI);
> >       NameValuePair[] params = {
> >     new NameValuePair("Day", "27")
> >     // Lot of other parameters
> >       };
> >       pMethod.setRequestBody(params);
> >       client.executeMethod(pMethod);

System.out.println(pMethod.getStatusLine().toString());