From Roland Weber <ROLWE...@de.ibm.com>
Subject Re: One cookie off
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2005 11:05:10 GMT
Hello Charles,

since you are using the compatibility cookie policy, my next
guess would be that the expiration date in the cookie causes
problems. Year 3000 is way after the expected 32 bit overflow
for the milliseconds in 2037. Java uses 64 bit to store the
milliseconds, but who knows... The double semicolon could
also cause problems while parsing the cookie, though I'm
not familiar with the code. Have you tried to enable logging
for the cookie policy?

hope that helps,
  Roland

Charles Johnson <cj@cehjohnson.uklinux.net>
06.06.2005 20:51
Please respond to
"HttpClient User Discussion"

HttpClient <httpclient-user@jakarta.apache.org>
cc

Subject
One cookie off

I'm fetching a page in a loop and seem to be receiving two cookies yet
only seeing one of them appear in the array when i call getCookies. You
can see a short extract of my log file here:

http://www.sigma-software.freeserve.co.uk/misc/FILE_TO_UPLOAD

This is what i'm doing in the code. 'client' is an instance variable.

client.getState().clear();
client.executeMethod(method);
cookies = client.getState().getCookies();

Why the discrepancy between the Set-Cookie headers and the number of
cookies in the array? Policy is set to CookiePolicy.BROWSER_COMPATIBILITY