From Roland Weber <ROLWE...@de.ibm.com>
Subject Re: setting Cookie as Object vs as Request Header
Date Wed, 29 Jun 2005 12:19:42 GMT
Hello Satish,

>     So does that mean that HttpClient 2.0 ensures that there should be
> a Cookie object present in the HttpState, corresponding to a cookie
> header set for a target? If not found, it deletes the header?

HttpClient 2.0 first deletes the Cookie header, then looks in the
HttpState for cookie objects from which to create a new header.

It seems that only HttpClient 3.0 will respect a cookie header set by
the application. I thought that change had made it into HC 2.0. Sorry
for the confusion this might have caused.

cheers,
  Roland