From Gustavo Hexsel <ghex...@sagebrushcorp.com>
Subject RE: HTTPClient - ignore proxy for certain URLs?
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2005 18:55:26 GMT
  I'd guess you have to set the proxy or not yourself before you call the
URL.  It's not very hard to do.  Check
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HostConfiguration

  []s Gus

-----Original Message-----
From: Jon.Andrews@eu.nabgroup.com [mailto:Jon.Andrews@eu.nabgroup.com]
Sent: June 21, 2005 12:28 PM
To: HttpClient User Discussion
Subject: HTTPClient - ignore proxy for certain URLs?

Hi,
I wonder if anyone can tell me how to configure HTTPClient to ignore say a
list of non-proxyable host addresses. for example say those for which
authentication is not requried to access them.
I'm trying to run against a local host web-reflector I have set up, but it
is obviously situated before the company proxy gateway, so the proxy can't
resolve to my reflector when HTTPClient has established the initil route
out.

I need to to provide HTTPClient with a list of address to ignore, i.e.
those not to route via the proxy for.
Is this something I can do?

Any help appreciated, many thanks,

Jon Andres

National Australia Group Europe Limited (Company Number 02108635, Registered
Office 88 Wood Street, London EC2V 7QQ) (NAGE) is a subsidiary of National
Australia Bank Limited (an Australian registered company). The following UK
companies are authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority:
Clydesdale Bank PLC (trading as Clydesdale Bank and Yorkshire Bank),  MLC
Savings Limited, MLC Trust Management Company Limited, Clydesdale Bank
Insurance Brokers Limited, Yorkshire Bank Financial Services Limited,
National Australia Insurance Services Limited and Custom Fleet Limited.

The views and opinions expressed in this email may not reflect the views and
opinions of any member of the group of which NAGE forms part. The
information contained in this message is confidential and may also be
privileged. It is intended only for the addressee named above. The
unauthorised use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is
strictly prohibited. If you are not the addressee (or responsible for
delivery of the message to the addressee), please notify the originator
immediately by return message and destroy the original message. This message
and any attachments have been scanned for viruses prior to leaving the NAGE
network. However, NAGE does not guarantee the security of this message and
will not be responsible for any damages arising as a result of any virus
being passed on or arising from any alteration of this message by a third
party. NAGE may monitor emails sent to and from the NAGE network.