From Aaron Braeckel <braec...@ucar.edu>
Subject DNS Cache Timeout
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2005 20:18:36 GMT
Hello,

  I am using HttpClient 3.0RC2 with an application that runs constantly
and contacts a web server frequently.  I am switching DNS entries to
point to the backup server if problems occur with the primary server.
Currently I am not seeing any recognition of the change when I switch
the DNS entry, so it seems like a client-side DNS caching issue.  Is
there any way to specify DNS cache timeouts (or even whether or not to
use caching) with HttpClient?  I wasn't able to find any information on
this topic anywhere.

I am setting the appropriate properties to restrict DNS caching through
Java core methods (setting "sun.net.inetaddr.ttli" and
"networkaddress.cache.ttl¨) but so far I have not seen any effect.

Thanks,
Aaron