From David Parks <davidpark...@yahoo.com>
Subject Proxy Authentication in 3.0 rc2
Date Wed, 29 Jun 2005 16:53:07 GMT
Hi all,
I am trying to authenticate to a server via a proxy which also requires authentication. It
seems that I can get either the proxy authentication to work OR the site authentication to
work, but not both.

Both seem to work independently when I set the credentials (or proxy credentials) using NTCredentials
(e.g. if I connect to the site from a network not using a proxy I can get it to work, and
I can authenticate to the proxy only to get a 401 authentication failed from the server when
using the proxy).

I read in the Authentication tutorial that you can't authenticate using NTLM to both the proxy
and site, so I'm trying various combinations of authentication, but I can't find any documentation
that specifically covers this case and I feel like I'm just taking stabs in the dark right
now.

If anyone can point me in the direction of the light at the end of the tunnel I'd really appreciate
it.

Thanks,
David