From "K. Michael Wille" <...@phatness.com>
Subject Upload Progress on MulipartRequestEntity POST
Date Sun, 26 Jun 2005 20:40:56 GMT
Hi All,

We just started using HttpClient for a project at work, and I must say it is an
absolute joy to work with!

I have a question regarding HTTP POSTS and monitoring upload progress.  I'm
using HttpClient 3.0 RC2 and I'm using the MultipartRequestEntity and
PostMethod.setRequestEntity() to upload files one at a time with a list of
parameters.  Everything is going fine, except now I would like to add upload
progress.

I have seen the message in the archives about using a FilterInputStream that is
passed to PostMethod via setRequestBody():

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/jakarta-httpclient-dev/200311.mbox/%3c825BF35A92B3F0479CC164ECBBE9376E0DE64D@kccxoex06.corp.kpmgconsulting.com%3e

However, this seems to conflict with using MultiPartRequestEntity.  Is there a
way to use both or do I have to multi-part encode the entire request body by
hand if I want to use the FilterInputStream?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Regards,

Mike Wille

Command like a king, create like a god, work like a slave.