From Roland Weber <ROLWE...@de.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Strange cookie problem with httpclient (2 cookies are suddenly 3..)
Date Tue, 17 May 2005 11:09:39 GMT
Hello Clemens,

the first cookie contains a comma in it's value, which
is interpreted as a separator character by the cookie
policy you have installed. To solve this issue, play
around with the various cookie policies. Especially
with the Netscape-compatible cookie policy.

hope that helps,
  Roland

Linuxhippy <linuxhippy@web.de>
17.05.2005 00:08
Please respond to
"HttpClient User Discussion"

HttpClient User Discussion <httpclient-user@jakarta.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Strange cookie problem with httpclient (2 cookies are suddenly 3..)

Hi again!

I am currently trying to access exchange servers using httpclient,
however I have problems with authetication (which is cookie based
*arrg!*).
I've spent a lot time sitting in front of ethereal and accessing the
server over raw sockets and I found a strange problem, well at least I
think its a problem.

If I connect to th server over raw sockets I get the following cookies
back:
Set-Cookie: sessionid=bc856433-1ba6-411e-81c8-60334a1edc22,0x409; path=/
Set-Cookie:
cadata="2,QSqrqX41AUmhjyLkM4ycci1DwZ39GVm/V/6h43pDxuISZPDTIGRmBoFTSayYo68XHttg7/k/6KX8HD8hYGBKdA==";

HttpOnly; path=/

If I do the same over httpclient, I get three cokies, namely:
Cokie Number: 0   sessionid=70d6d271-0f36-41f7-ab73-c8877355f004
Cokie Number: 1   0x409=
Cokie Number: 2
cadata=2,vu5jbbr0Fk0tgC7GEGBuZcAOVZavwNNuU8eZLdnZRFWIB3mURuquLAlxBenMonuBxFaWgCGstSxreNDf4p3qhQ==
(output is just cookie.toExternalForm())

Cookie number null has an absolute path to the adress it was created,
whereas all others have as expected "/" as path.
I think the exchange server just expects 2 cookies, and in all examples
I read (all .NET) the authors also onl check if the received equal or
more than 2 cookies...

Any ideas whats wrong, any help would be really appriciated. I am
struggling arround this issue for nearly two weaks :(((

Thank you in advance, lg Clemens