From "Sambaiah, Vishwas" <vishwas.samba...@citigroup.com>
Subject Problem with Cookies
Date Tue, 03 May 2005 14:49:24 GMT
Hello All,

I am trying to write a small web proxy type application for a web performance benchmarking
tool. Though this application essentially is a web proxy server, it additionally has logic
for generating custom test scripts etc due to which I cannot use off the shelf proxy server.
I found that HttpClient was a neat reusable component to plug into my application. I have
successfully integrated HttpClient component into my app, but I bumped into issues with cookies.
After initial research through the archives of the mailing list, I realized that I should
set the CookiePolicy.BROWSER_COMPATIBILITY for most browsers to work.

This solved most of my problems. However, I still have issues with cookies for ex. when I
try logging into Yahoo mail. When I enter my username and password on the browser, the response
page I get from the server is asking em to check if my browser is enabled to accept cookies.
I am not too sure what is happening in the background but what I am sure is, the cookies arent
set properly between the server and client browser.

I would really appreciate if someone point me in the right direction in solving the cookie
issue as I have hit a bottleneck. Thanks in advace for helpful pointers.

Regards
Vish

SOMETIMES YOU NEED TO GO FAR, TO FIND WHAT IS CLOSEST TO YOU