From Benjamin Pasero <bpas...@rssowl.org>
Subject Re: Getting no content using Proxy and HTTPS
Date Sat, 21 May 2005 13:53:17 GMT

Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:

>Benjamin,
>
>OK. I have spotted the problem:
>
>[DEBUG] header - >> "GET
>https://sourceforge.net/export/rss2_project.php?group_id=86683 HTTP/1.1
>[\r][\n]"
>
>This of course is not right. HttpClient is programmed to use so called
>secure tunneling when executing HTTPS via a proxy.
>
>Does your application register a custom HTTPS Protocol object with a
>custom ProtocolSocketFactory?

Ah ok. Well, I am doing as follows:

Protocol easyHttpsProtocol = new Protocol("https", new
EasySSLProtocolSocketFactory(), 443);
Protocol.registerProtocol("https", easyHttpsProtocol);

I think this was taken directly from the Examples. I am calling that
ONCE on startup of the
application.

The EasySSLProtocolSocketFactory implements ProtocolSocketFactory

The EasyX509TrustManager implements X509TrustManager

I am not using the legacy com.sun.* classes for these, but the ones from
javax.net.ssl.*

Do I have to do something special to enable secure Tunneling?

Find the two classes I am using attached.

Thanks for helping,
Ben