From Bill Vanyo <vanyo.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Inconsistency in deprecation of EntityEnclosingMethod.CONTENT_LENGTH_CHUNKED?
Date Thu, 26 May 2005 18:47:39 GMT
>From the commons-httpclient-3.0-rc2 javadocs,
EntityEnclosingMethod.CONTENT_LENGTH_CHUNKED is listed as deprecated,
with the note to use setContentChunked(boolean), presumably instead of
setRequestContentLength(EntityEnclosingMethod.CONTENT_LENGTH_CHUNKED).

However, the RequestEntity interface's getContentLength method is
documented to return EntityEnclosingMethod.CONTENT_LENGTH_CHUNKED for
chunked data.

RequestEntity is relatively new, and must be used if one wishes to
avoid using deprecated methods, yet requires use of a deprecated field
to send chunked data.

Am I right that there's an inconsistency here?  Can I send chunked
data (in a http post) without using anything deprecated?

  Thanks,
  Bill Vanyo