From "Tony Thompson" <tony.thomp...@stone-ware.com>
Subject 304 handling
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2005 13:13:03 GMT
Can anyone comment on how the HTTPClient would handle a 304 response
from a web server that also contains a Content-Length header set to
something other than 0?  I am using the HTTPClient to connect to the
same application on 2 different versions of IBM WebSphere; one is slow,
the other is fast.

The only difference I can see is when the slow one attempts to load
graphics and a 304 is returned, a Content-Length header is also set to
something other than 0 (which is not valid).  When the faster server
returns a 304 response for the same request, it always has a
to handle the bad 304 response without any issue.

Thanks for any input.
Tony