From Roland Weber <ROLWE...@de.ibm.com>
Subject Re: How to preserve session information.
Date Thu, 21 Apr 2005 09:54:00 GMT
Hi Lalith,

tom tom <j_lalith@yahoo.com> wrote on 21.04.2005 11:20:40:

> In my case this is not practical.
>
> Reason is I do have two applications with SSO enabled.
>
> am trying to hit to the second application URL being
> in the first application using httpClient package
> (programatically)

So you are trying to connect to a backend application from
some code running on the server that hosts the first app?
That of course is a completely different story.

> User initially hits the first application.
>
> I did get the cookie name which contains the sessionId
> and create a httpClient cookie and set to the
> httpState.

The session is between the client and the first server.
The second server will not recognize the session cookie.
Single sign-on between servers is usually handled by a
different cookie. For example, some IBM products generate
LTPA cookies for SSO across hosts. The client will have
individual sessions with each server, but the user logs
in only once, all other servers recognize the LTPA cookie
(*not* the session cookie!)
In your case - if my assumption above is correct - you
will have individual sessions between client/server and
server/backend. You have to look for the SSO information,
not for the session cookie.

hope that helps,
  Roland