From Roland Weber <ROLWE...@de.ibm.com>
Subject Re: posting problem..
Date Fri, 29 Apr 2005 06:35:07 GMT
Hello Suchitra,

some sites implement redirects on the application level
instead of the protocol level. HttpClient handles only
HTTP redirects, that is status codes 30x. You should
have a look at the page you get with the 200 response.
Maybe the redirect is hidden there. Your application will
have to deal with it, though.

hope that helps,
  Roland

"Suchitra@gmail1" <suchitra.gateway@gmail.com>
29.04.2005 08:20
Please respond to
"HttpClient User Discussion"

"httpclient" <httpclient-user@jakarta.apache.org>
cc

Subject
posting problem..

hi everyone..
i am trying to submit a form to a site using HttpClient..
the site has a login page (http://<xyz.site.com>/<loginpage>/) this is a
http site.
Now after logging in, comes that page with the form (which is to
submitted)
which is a "https" page..ie. something like (
https://<abcdef.other.com>/<updateInfopage>/ )
I am able to login in and get/traverse all the pages etc.
but the problem i am getting is in posting the form on updateInfoPage.. on
posting it gives with HTTP 200 OK..
and no redirect location.. (whereas when i do the same with the browser it
redirects me back to the same page).
Even if  200 OK is not a problem .. still the request is not actually
getting posted.. because the form field values that should be actually be
updated are not getting updated from my program :(
whereas they get updated from the browser..
If anyone can help me out, i can send the code excerpts etc...
Thanx
Suchitra