From robert <Robert.Mann...@collabraspace.com>
Subject RequestEntity.getContentLength ?
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2005 15:38:20 GMT
Hello,

I'm implementing this interface to write an indeterminate amount of bytes
to the server during an HTTP Post.  Everything seems to be working ok,
however I just have one question.  The JavaDoc API for this interface says
that getContentLength returns
"either a number >= 0 or EntityEnclosingMethod.CONTENT_LENGTH_CHUNKED"

So I think, ok I need to return
EntityEnclosingMethod.CONTENT_LENGTH_CHUNKED.

However,  the JavaDoc API for EntityEnclosingMethod says that
CONTENT_LENGTH_CHUNKED is deprecated and to use
setContentChunked(true) instead.  I'm doing this already on the
PostMethod.  What should I return in my implementation of
RequestEntity.getContentLength ? (Right now "0" seems to work ok)

Rob Manning

CollabraSpace - Revolutionary Collaboration
Visit us at http://www.collabraspace.com
This message has been scanned for viruses by
ClamAV v0.83