From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Proxy with NTLM Auth not working
Date Thu, 21 Apr 2005 07:47:28 GMT
Benjamin,

NTLM proxies (at the very least the MS proxy server) are supported and are
known to work well with HttpClient 2.0.x and HttpClient 3.0

On Thu, Apr 21, 2005 at 07:49:01AM +0100, Benjamin Pasero wrote:
> Hi,
>
> a user is running my application with HttpClient 3.0 and not able to
> authenticate on his NTLM Proxyserver.

If you send me a wire log, I'll take a look at it this weekend

> I wonder if this is not yet supported by HttpClient 3.0?
>
> Anyways, I once read that it is possible to define the order in which
> the Authentication-Schemes are used
> on a Server.

You could also instruct HttpClient to pick the BASIC authentication scheme
over the NTLM on the client side

> That NTLM Proxy is also supportin BASIC Authentication. So I would like
> BASIC to be used whenever possible.
>
> How to do so?

Take a look at the HttpClient authentication guide
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/3.0/authentication.html#Alternate%20authentication

Oleg