From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: http response 100
Date Thu, 21 Apr 2005 07:39:06 GMT
On Wed, Apr 20, 2005 at 03:26:04PM -0700, xhu1 wrote:
> Thank you, see my answer below.
>
> --- Oleg Kalnichevski <olegk@apache.org> wrote:
> > OK. Let us do it this way. Please answer these
> > questions
> >
> > (1) What version of HttpClient are you using?
>
> I don't know what version it is, here is from
> License.txt that bundled with jar:
>  * $Header:
> /home/cvspublic/jakarta-commons/httpclient/LICENSE.txt,v
> 1.4 2003/01/27 15:28:26 jsdever Exp $
>  * $Revision: 1.4 $
>  * $Date: 2003/01/27 15:28:26 $

Ain't that lovely? You do not what version of HttpClient you are running
and seriously expect us to be able to help? Please UPGRADE to the latest
release (HttpClient 2.0.2 or HttpClient 3.0RC2) ans re-test your
application

> If you mean the HTTP server I post to, I don't know
> since I am blind of that informaiton. For my end I
> have wblogic running.

This can be important as the quality of SSL implementations varies
greatly.

> > (4) What makes you think you get status code 100?
>
> I have debug on and I saw
> 2005-04-20 13:52:29,153 DEBUG - << "HTTP/1.1 100
> Continue" [\r\n]
> and also client.executeMethod() returns 100

HttpClient should NEVER EVER return a status code <= 100 as of version
2.0-ALPHA2 which was released over two years ago and since has been
superseded by at least a good dozen of releases

> > (5) Do you have a wire/context log of the HTTP
> > session that exhibits the
> > problem?
>
> is this you are looking for:

NO, IT IS NOT! Please do post a _COMPLETE_ wirelog if you expect me to
continue trying to help you. The snipped you provided below is as good as
useless.

(1) Upgrade
(2) Re-rest
(3) If the problem persists, post a COMPLETE wire/context log

Oleg