From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to preserve session information.
Date Tue, 19 Apr 2005 17:44:38 GMT
On Tue, 2005-04-19 at 04:28 -0700, tom tom wrote:
> How can I preserve the session information.
>
> Should I explicitly set the cookies in order to
> preserve the session.

It depends. Usually as along as the same HttpState instance is reused
between HTTP methods there's no need to directly manipulate the cookies.

> The reason is the URL object I have created resides
> between two applications.

Be careful to make sure that the cookie's domain attribute is set
correctly. The session cookie will not be picked up if the target server
is not within the same domain

Hope this helps

Oleg