From Tarun Ramakrishna <lenk...@gmail.com>
Subject Differing Proxy Configurations with single instance of HttpClient
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2005 16:28:48 GMT
Hi all,

I want to use a single instance of HttpClient with the
MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager for retrieving files from several
URL's simultaneously. Now I need to ensure that some of these
connections are made through a proxy server whereas others are made
directly. (I pick these rules from the windows registry settings)

>From the API I haven't found a direct way to do this. HttpClient takes
a single instance of HostConfiguration using setHostConfiguration when
I had expected it to possess an addHostConfiguration() method.

>From the looks of things I need to provide my own
HttpConnectionManager and delegate to
MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager in order to achieve this - but I
just wanted to confirm whether this would be the right way to go about
doing it.

All help appreciated. And thanks for making such a great library! :-)

Regards,
Tarun