From Roland Weber <ROLWE...@de.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Error while trying to do http post
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2005 13:33:03 GMT
Hello Matthias,

you will have to provide more details about what you are doing
and where the messages come from. As I said, the error message
is a WAS error message. How can you verify the WAS configuration
of server X (wli-de.eurotax.com) by accessing a URL on server Y
(www.google.de)?
The hostname used for accessing a WAS server will determine
which "virtual host" is targetted on the server, and in turn
which of the web applications there can be found. Please check
the web pages returned from the server for redirects that
change host names. Your application should use the same
host names as the browser.

hope that helps,
  Roland

Matthias Stoll <Matthias.Stoll@hpigmbh.com>
02.03.2005 10:59
Please respond to
"HttpClient User Discussion"

"HttpClient User Discussion" <httpclient-user@jakarta.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: Error while trying to do http post

Hello Roland

Thx for the tip, but configuration seems ok, since it is working when
using a different url (e.g. www.google.de). i'm only getting this error
when using the below url:

http://wli-de.eurotax.com/wli/dede/entry/welcome.php

the url sent to the browser results in :

http://www.mydomain.com/wli/dede/entry/welcome.php

it just leaves out the wli-de thing.

greetings
__
Matthias Stoll
hpi GmbH
Application Development
Am Limes Park 2
D - 65843 Sulzbach/Ts.
Web site: http://www.hpigmbh.com

Roland Weber <ROLWEBER@de.ibm.com>
02.03.2005 10:52
Please respond to
"HttpClient User Discussion" <httpclient-user@jakarta.apache.org>

"HttpClient User Discussion" <httpclient-user@jakarta.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: Error while trying to do http post

Hello Matthias,

this is a server side error message from WAS.
Make sure that the web server plugin configuration
is current. If in doubt, regenerate it.

hope that helps,
  Roland

Matthias Stoll <Matthias.Stoll@hpigmbh.com>
02.03.2005 09:47
Please respond to
"HttpClient User Discussion"

httpclient-user@jakarta.apache.org
cc

Subject
Error while trying to do http post

Hi

We are using Websphere 5.1 and developing on WSAD 5.1.2.

We are trying to do a http post with the httpclient to a partner side.
when executing the connection the server says:

Servlet Request Processor Exception: Virtual Host/WebGroup Not Found : The

web group /wli/dede/entry/welcome.php has not been defined

see code below:

response) throws ServletException, IOException {

                try {
                        System.setProperty(
"org.apache.commons.logging.Log",
"org.apache.commons.logging.impl.SimpleLog");
                        System.setProperty(
"org.apache.commons.logging.simplelog.showdatetime", "true");
                        System.setProperty(
"org.apache.commons.logging.simplelog.log.httpclient.wire", "debug");
                        System.setProperty(
"org.apache.commons.logging.simplelog.log.org.apache.commons.httpclient",
"debug");

                        PostMethod post = new PostMethod(
"http://wli-de.eurotax.com/wli/dede/entry/welcome.php");
                        NameValuePair[] data = { new NameValuePair("1",
"a"), new NameValuePair("2", "b"), new NameValuePair("3", "c")};
                        post.setRequestBody(data);
                        HttpClient l_client = new HttpClient();
                        l_client.executeMethod(post);

                        InputStream l_input =
post.getResponseBodyAsStream();

                        int l_readByte = l_input.read();

                        while (l_readByte != -1) {
                                response.getWriter().write(l_readByte);
                                l_readByte = l_input.read();
                        }
                        post.releaseConnection();

                }
                catch (Exception e) {
                        e.printStackTrace();
                }
        }

Does anyone have a idea of what we are doing wrong? for example if we use
www.web.de as url, it works fine.
__