From Jason Novotny <novo...@aei.mpg.de>
Subject using SSL and trusted certs
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2005 18:46:45 GMT

Hi,

    I'm just trying to connect to Tomcat manager webapp over HTTPS:

https://devportal.nersc.gov:11443/manager/list

The webserver has its own certificate with 2 other certs in the chain. I
thought by adding the 3 certs to my JDK keystore, it would work, so I
tried importing them via keytool:

keytool -import -v -trustcacerts -alias trustcert{1,3} -file cert{1,3}
-keystore /usr/java/jre/lib/security/cacerts

and when I do keytool -list -v -keystore
/usr/java/jre/lib/security/cacerts  I see they are all there. However,
my application still gives me the following:

core.registry.impl.tomcat.TomcatManagerWrapper  - connecting to URL
https://devportal.nersc.gov:11443/manager/list
javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException:
sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: No trusted certificate found
        at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.BaseSSLSocketImpl.a(DashoA6275)
        at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.a(DashoA6275)
        at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.a(DashoA6275)
        at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SunJSSE_az.a(DashoA6275)

This is java version "1.4.2_03" on Linux. Has anyone succesully used
httpclient SSL with their own trusted certs?

    Thanks, Jason