From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Querystring & POST
Date Sat, 12 Mar 2005 11:51:09 GMT
Gernot,

The answer is both. The HTML FORM spec as well as URI spec permit
multiple parameters with the same name. Likewise the servlet API can
return an array of values for any given parameter name:

http://java.sun.com/products/servlet/2.3/javadoc/javax/servlet/ServletRequest.html#getParameterValues(java.lang.String)

Hope this helps

Oleg

On Fri, 2005-03-11 at 22:18 +0100, Pfingstl Gernot wrote:
> This question may be off topic, because it relates http-client only indirectly, but I
know here are experts who (maybe) has a answer - I read several RFCs but I didn't get a answer:

> If a HTML form is posted, the form data is send in the request body and not in the query
portion of the URI - within a form GET the form data is send in the query portion of the URI.
That's clear, but:
> I have build a reverse proxy with http-client and the reverse proxy has now a problem
with a webpage in which is a html form like <form action="index.php?123" method="post">.
If the form is posted there is a query string within the URI and the form data is in the request
body - is this allowed? How had a server to interpret a post with URI /index.php?name=abc
and in the post data (request body) is also a field "name". Which matches?