From "Riad Souissi" <rsouiss...@stc.com.sa>
Subject Retry on ConnectionException
Date Mon, 14 Feb 2005 13:21:21 GMT

Hi,

I noticed that the Retry handler mechanism does not work when the client
cannot initiate a connection (which throws
java.net.ConnectionException).
This happens for me for instance when there is proxy and a tunneling in
the picture and sometimes there are connectivity problems.
Of course, it is possible to build the retry on top of the HTTPClient,
but it would be nice to use the same RetryHandler framework for that.

I believe a ConnectionException is a typical transiant error that can be
retried safely for those who want to enable it.
Any opinion ?

thanks
riad

DiscalimerThe information in this email and in any files transmitted with it,
is intended only for the addressee and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.
Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you receive this in error,
please contact the sender immediately and delete the material from any computer.
If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or
any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is strictly prohibited.
Statement and opinions expressed in this e-mail are those of the sender, and do not
necessarily reflect those of STC.