From "Riad Souissi" <rsouiss...@stc.com.sa>
Subject Problems using the HTTPClient through a proxy
Date Sat, 12 Feb 2005 12:35:03 GMT

Hi all,

I am using HTTPClient 3.0-rc1.
I am connecting to an HTTPS site through a proxy.

1) I used HTTPLook to see the HTTP messages between the Proxy and the
HTTPClient.
I noticed that it always used HTTP/1.1 and I could not find how to get
the HTTPClient to use HTTP/1.0 with the proxy instead.
The setVersion() method, when used, only impacts the tunneled HTTP
protocol between the HTTPClient and the target host.

=> Do you know how I can force the client to use HTTP/1.0 with the proxy
?

2) I also that the HTTPClient does not specify the Content-Length in the
HTTP header with the Proxy.
This seems to cause the Proxy to reject the connection from the
HTTPClient.

When I use the Internet Explorer, I can see that Content-Length is
specified (value is 0).

=> Do you know how I can force the client to specify this header with
the proxy ?

Thanks in advance,
riad

DiscalimerThe information in this email and in any files transmitted with it,
is intended only for the addressee and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.
Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you receive this in error,
please contact the sender immediately and delete the material from any computer.
If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or
any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is strictly prohibited.
Statement and opinions expressed in this e-mail are those of the sender, and do not
necessarily reflect those of STC.