From Nittala <nittal...@yahoo.com>
Subject Connection Reset by server
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2005 12:11:20 GMT
Hi,
  Am using the Httpclient 3.0 with the
MultiThreadedConnectionManager. My server is Weblogic
8.1 and the time out for idle connections is set to 60
seconds in weblogic.

  However, when i try to communicate from my client
(Java Web Start using JDK1.3.1 Runtime), i often get
the Connection reset by peer _JVM exception.

The code that i am using looks something like this.

mthcm = new MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager();
client = new HttpClient(mthcm);
client.getState().setCookiePolicy(CookiePolicy.COMPATIBILITY);
client.getParams().setParameter(HttpMethodParams.RETRY_HANDLER,
new DefaultHttpMethodRetryHandler(4,false));

PostMethod   method =null;

try{
	method = new PostMethod(url);

	NameValuePair nvp = new NameValuePair("query",
input);

	method.addParameter(nvp);

	int status = client.executeMethod(method);

	if (status == HttpStatus.SC_OK) {
                InputStream ins =
method.getResponseBodyAsStream();
		ObjectInputStream objectinputstream = new
ObjectInputStream(ins);
		obj = objectinputstream.readObject();
		objectinputstream.close();
		ins.close();
	}else{
	   method.getResponseBody();
	}
}finally {
	if (method != null)
		method.releaseConnection();
	return obj;
}

Any pointer on where i am doing wrong will be of great
help.
thanks all,
Nit Tala