From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problems using the HTTPClient through a proxy
Date Sat, 12 Feb 2005 13:14:46 GMT
On Sat, 2005-02-12 at 15:35 +0300, Riad Souissi wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am using HTTPClient 3.0-rc1.
> I am connecting to an HTTPS site through a proxy.
>
> 1) I used HTTPLook to see the HTTP messages between the Proxy and the
> HTTPClient.
> I noticed that it always used HTTP/1.1 and I could not find how to get
> the HTTPClient to use HTTP/1.0 with the proxy instead.
> The setVersion() method, when used, only impacts the tunneled HTTP
> protocol between the HTTPClient and the target host.

Riad,
setVersion() should also work for proxy communication. Please post the
wire/context log of the HTTP session. See
<http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/3.0/logging.html> for
details. I'll take a look at the log

> => Do you know how I can force the client to use HTTP/1.0 with the proxy
> ?
>
> 2) I also that the HTTPClient does not specify the Content-Length in the
> HTTP header with the Proxy.
> This seems to cause the Proxy to reject the connection from the
> HTTPClient.

It should not. The Content-Length (or Transfer-Encoding) is required for
entity enclosing methods. HTTP CONNECT is not supposed to enclose an
entity

> When I use the Internet Explorer, I can see that Content-Length is
> specified (value is 0).

Well, after all, it is IE.

Oleg