From Roland Weber <ROLWE...@de.ibm.com>
Subject Re: MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager
Date Thu, 27 Jan 2005 07:52:58 GMT
Hello Gernot,

both versions will work. In the first case, all clients share
the same connection pool, so you can configure a limit
across all sessions. In the second case, each session
will have it's own connection pool, and limits apply only
to that session.

cheers,
  Roland

"Pfingstl Gernot" <gernot.pfingstl@stmk.gv.at>
27.01.2005 08:03
Please respond to
"HttpClient User Discussion"

<httpclient-user@jakarta.apache.org>
cc

Subject
MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager

I'm using httpClient in a webapplication, so I had to use
MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager.
In the httpClient docs there's a example how to use
MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager:
                 MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager connectionManager =
new MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager();
                 HttpClient client = new HttpClient(connectionManager);
And there's the sentence "This instance of HttpClient can now be used to
execute multiple methods from multiple threads".  This works fine! But now
I want to use one HttpClient for a session. So I have one HttpClient
instance per session, which of course is also multithreaded.
So my question: Can I use MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager in this way:
                 MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager connectionManager =
new MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager();
                 HttpClient client1 = new HttpClient(connectionManager);
                 HttpClient client2 = new HttpClient(connectionManager);
                 HttpClient client3 = new HttpClient(connectionManager);
or do I have to use it this way:
                 MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager connectionManager1 =
new MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager();
                 HttpClient client1 = new HttpClient(connectionManager1);
                 MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager connectionManager2 =
new MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager();
                 HttpClient client2 = new HttpClient(connectionManager2);
(client1,...,clientN are used in multiple threads)

Thank you,
Gernot