From d...@lexmark.com
Subject Re: Cookies with multithreaded connection manager
Date Thu, 27 Jan 2005 19:10:19 GMT

Ok....that's what I'm doing! :-)

But, I just thought, does the httpstate get updated with the session
cooking being sent BACK from the web server?

I was under the impression that I still had to call
httpclient.getState().getCookies() to get it back.  If this former is true,
that's cool and will obviously work no problem!  Could you confirm though,
please?

cheers,

David

|         |           Oleg Kalnichevski|
|         |           <olegk@apache.org|
|         |           >                |
|         |           01/27/2005 01:57 |
|         |           "HttpClient User |
|         |           Discussion"      |
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |       To:       HttpClient User Discussion <httpclient-user@jakarta.apache.org>
                                      |
  |       cc:
                                |
  |       Subject:  Re: Cookies with multithreaded connection manager
                                |
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

David

A code snippet is worth a thousand words. How about this?

static class WorkerThread extends Thread {

    // Reference to a common/global HttpClient instance
    private final HttpClient httpclient;
    // Thread private HTTP state
    private final HttpState httpstate;
    // Thread private host config (optional)
    private final HostConfiguration hostconfig;

    private Throwable exception = null;

    public WorkerThread(