From "Burke Even, RealityImages.com" <bu...@realityimages.com>
Subject multipart post and input type
Date Thu, 06 Jan 2005 17:05:11 GMT
I'm trying to upload jpg files to an existing php script on the server,
without using a java servlet. Am I correct in assuming HttpClient can do
this? If so, please read on...

My problem: how do I add the equivalent of <input type="file"
name="fileUpload"> to the upload?

The php script on the server uses fileUpload as the temporary location and
name of the uploaded file, but when I use the example
MultipartFileUploadApp.java to upload a file, fileUpload is blank, so the
php script has nothing to work with.

I've looked in MultipartPostMethod.java at the three versions of
addParameter() but none take three string parameters, which being a newbie
is as far as I can get at this point.

Any help would be appreciated!

Burke