From "Patrick Mauro" <pma...@apparentnetworks.com>
Subject logging problem and inputstream problem
Date Wed, 19 Jan 2005 21:42:14 GMT
I have two problems and they both strike me as odd, though that's
probably just because I do not know the internal workings of
commons-httpclient.

1) I have a routine that sends a request to a web server and receives a
file back.  It works if I use getResponseBody(), I get an array of
bytes.  If I use getResponseBodyAsStream() I do not appear to get any
data.  However, if I call getResponseBody() before calling
getResponseBodyAsStream(), then I get data from the stream.
I wonder if there is some sort of buffering type thing going on here
that I don't understand.

2) I used log4j to do logging here.  However, after I run Httpclient's
executeMethod(...) then I no longer get any logging output from log4j.
I know that HttpClient does some of its own logging, could this be
conflicting and shutting down my logger?

Thanks!
If you need me to output debug info or some code, I can.

Patrick Mauro
Software Developer
Apparent Networks, Inc.
The Hudson House