From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Clash with older version
Date Thu, 06 Jan 2005 20:14:50 GMT
Kanan,

HttpClient 2.x has only one runtime dependency which is commons-logging.
commons-codec 1.2 is required by HttpClient as of version 3.x only. To
my best knowledge commons-code 1.2 is fully backward compatible with
version 1.1. So, you might want to simply replace the jar shipped with
the main application with a newer release of commons-codec.

In general the problem you are experiencing (known as jar hell akin to
notorious DDL hell) is solved using a custom class loader. You may want
to search publicly accessible resources on this topic.

Hope this helps,

Oleg