From Roland Weber <ROLWE...@de.ibm.com>
Subject Re: NTLM authentication problem
Date Thu, 16 Dec 2004 12:28:28 GMT
Hello Jitesh,

it looks like the authentication scope does not match:

log: <http://www.maintenance.cws.pse1.rbsgrp.net:80>
code: "http://servername/index.html"

Try to set the credentials as default credentials, using
null as the scope.

hope that helps,
  Roland

"Gangwani, Jitesh (Churchill India)" <Jitesh.Gangwani@rbs.co.uk>
16.12.2004 13:05
Please respond to
"HttpClient User Discussion"

"'httpclient-user@jakarta.apache.org'"
<httpclient-user@jakarta.apache.org>
cc

Subject
NTLM authentication problem

Hi,
   I am trying to a get a webpage which is on IIS server in different
domain secured by NTLM authentication. I am using
commons-httpclient-3.0-beta1 api to connect. I am not able to get
index.html page.

The NLTM api is giving following information messages

********************
15-Dec-2004 16:01:46
org.apache.commons.httpclient.auth.AuthChallengeProcessor
selectAuthScheme
INFO: ntlm authentication scheme selected
15-Dec-2004 16:01:46 org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector
processWWWAuthChallenge
INFO: No credentials available for NTLM <any
realm>@www.maintenance.cws.pse1.rbsgrp.net:80
<http://www.maintenance.cws.pse1.rbsgrp.net:80>
*********************

The web page which is retrieved is of HTTP Error
HTTP 401.2 - Unauthorized: Logon failed due to server configuration
Internet Information Services

Following is the java code

*********************
 NTCredentials creds =
newNTCredentials("USERNAME","PASSWORD","SERVER_IP_ADDRESS","MY_DOMAIN");
 HttpClient client = new HttpClient();
 HttpMethod method = new GetMethod("http://servername/index.html");
 AuthScope authscope =  new AuthScope("http://servername/index.html",80);
 client.getState().setCredentials(authscope,creds);
 int statusCode = client.executeMethod(method);
 System.out.println("Status Code 1:  " + statusCode);
 String responseBody = method.getResponseBodyAsString();
 System.out.println("******" + responseBody);
 method.releaseConnection();
***********************

Can anyone please tell me what I am doing wrong.

Thanks

Jitesh

The Royal Bank of Scotland plc, Registered in Scotland No. 90312.
Registered Office: 36 St Andrew Square, Edinburgh EH2 2YB

The Royal Bank of Scotland plc is authorised and regulated by the
Financial Services Authority and represents The Royal Bank of Scotland
Marketing Group. The Bank sells life policies, collective investment
schemes and pension products and advises only on the Marketing Group's
range of these products and on a With-Profit Bond produced by Norwich
Union Life (RBS) Limited.

from your computer. Internet e-mails are not necessarily secure. The Royal
Bank of Scotland plc does not accept responsibility for changes made to
this message after it was sent.

accepted by The Royal Bank of Scotland plc in this regard and the
recipient should carry out such virus and other checks as it considers
appropriate.