From "Adriano Labate" <adriano.lab...@sportaccess.com>
Subject NoClassDefFoundError for NTLMScheme
Date Mon, 15 Nov 2004 11:00:54 GMT
Hi,

I got the  following error while sending a file :

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/commons/httpclient/auth/NTLMScheme
 at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.auth.AuthPolicy.class$(AuthPolicy.java:57)
 at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.auth.AuthPolicy.<clinit>(AuthPolicy.java:9
9)
 at
rg.apache.commons.httpclient.auth.AuthChallengeProcessor.selectAuthSchem
e(AuthChallengeProcessor.java:86)
 at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.auth.AuthChallengeProcessor.processChallen
ge(AuthChallengeProcessor.java:148)
 at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.processWWWAuthChallenge
(HttpMethodDirector.java:666)
 at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.processAuthenticationRe
sponse(HttpMethodDirector.java:638)
 at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.executeMethod(HttpMetho
dDirector.java:200)
 at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:4
37)
 at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:3
24)

The client application runs on Windows XP, Oracle 9.2.
The server runs Windows XP, Tomcat 5.0.28

The problem occurs one or two times at the beginning of a functional
testing day and then we couldn't reproduce it again.
I read that the NTLMScheme is about a proprietary Microsoft
authentication scheme.

Has anybody experienced the same problem ?

Is there a way to avoid using the scheme ? I.e using
postMethod.setDoAuthentication(false) ??

Is the NoClassDefFoundError related to the lack of a dependent library
or component ?

Best regards,
Adriano Labate