From rjaam...@parasoft.com (Rami Jaamour)
Subject MIME Attachments, execution time measurement and logging
Date Wed, 24 Nov 2004 22:18:38 GMT
Hello,

1. To what extent does the HTTP Client API support MIME Attachments
(multipart responses in a web services context)?

2. Does it have the ability to collect wire-level metrics (specifically
execution time of a server in a certain invocation). Does the HTTP
Client have an API or a hook to measure the time between the last byte
sent on the socket and the first byte received? It seems like I can
possibly give HTTP Client my own Socket/Stream implementation to collect
that measurement, but I wanted to make sure that there is no better way
to do accomplish this.

3. Are there information on HTTP Client performance compared to other
implementations?

4. I saw docs on traffic logging using Log4J, but there are only
recommended for debugging purposes. What is the best alternative way to
do real-time traffic logging in a non-debugging environment?  Would I
need to provide my own logging-enabled streams?

Thank you,

--
Rami Jaamour
Software Engineer