From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: session
Date Thu, 25 Nov 2004 14:58:48 GMT
Balu,

HttpClient does support session management using session cookie or SSL
cookie out of the box. State management using URL rewriting can be (more
or less) easily implemented on top of HttpClient if this is the only
state management option supported by the target web application.

(1) How exactly does the web application maintain HTTP sessions?
(2) Are you sure your application correctly authenticates with the server?

Oleg

On Thu, Nov 25, 2004 at 08:05:43PM +0530, Balu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am having an problem with downloading a struts based web application using httpclient.
Its downloading the content of the index page. But on downloading subsequent links, I am getting
the following error

> ERROR : Server returned HTTP response code: 500 for URL: http://balu:8080/smt8.11.2004/web/tiles/components/tree.jsp
>
> ERROR : Server returned HTTP response code: 500 for URL: http://balu:8080/smt8.11.2004/web/tiles/components/body.jsp
>

> This is because both tree.jsp and body.jsp are accessing the session variable. As the
httpclient is not maintaining the session, these JSP are not able to access the session variable.