From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Quick Question
Date Wed, 24 Nov 2004 08:51:01 GMT
Michael,

I doubt this feature ever existed in HttpClient. Unlike standard Java's
HttpUrlConnection HttpClient has never had a UI of any sort. We always
wanted to keep HttpClient decoupled from application specific aspects
such as UI. This said in HttpClient 3.0 there's now a way to hook up a
custom authentication dialog using CredentialsProvider interface. See
example below

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-commons/httpclient/src/examples/InteractiveAuthenticationExample.java?view=auto

Hope this helps

Oleg