From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: https java.net.SocketException: Socket closed
Date Tue, 16 Nov 2004 09:05:56 GMT
On Tue, Nov 16, 2004 at 08:52:08AM +0000, Mark Benussi wrote:
> The issue is to do with IBM's version of the JSSE. I am attemting to over
> write it..... but would be VERY interested to know how I can just tell the
> HttpClient to do the connection even if the certificate is expired.

You need to provide a custom trust manager. Take a look at the
'Customizing SSL in HttpClient' section of the HttpClient SSL guide and
at the EasySSLProtocolSocketFactory and EasyX509TrustManager

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/sslguide.html
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-commons/httpclient/src/contrib/org/apache/commons/httpclient/contrib/ssl/?only_with_tag=HTTPCLIENT_2_0_BRANCH

Hope this helps

Oleg