From "Duncan McGregor" <dun...@oneeyedmen.com>
Subject Commas in cookie values
Date Sat, 06 Nov 2004 16:59:41 GMT
First thanks for an excellent product - it is making my current project
possible.

I am talking to a server (not mine, no control) which is sending headers such as

Set-Cookie:
SESSION_ID=11846295,QLtzbvdrgUo7GmXTn+PqCGLxVMsK3cXGg9a6SAKYFz0VMARnsz2lbg==;Pat
h=/

This is parsed by HeaderElement which has SEPARATORS with a comma. The net
result is that I am getting 2 cookies set, and obviously the webapp is
terminally confused when I send them back.

I've tried 3.0 alpha 2. That ends up with one good cookie, but is too unstable.

Do you have any advice? Is the server or client at fault, and, given that I
cannot control the former, can you suggest a workaround?

Thanks in anticipation.

Duncan Mc^Gregor
The name rings a bell
www.oneeyedmen.com