From "Duncan McGregor" <dun...@oneeyedmen.com>
Subject RE: Commas in cookie values
Date Mon, 08 Nov 2004 08:42:04 GMT
For the record, 3.0 with NETSCAPE cookie policy does the trick, and is stable
here.

Duncan

-----Original Message-----
From: Duncan McGregor [mailto:duncan@oneeyedmen.com]
Sent: 06 November 2004 21:57
To: 'Michael Becke'; 'HttpClient User Discussion'; 'olegk@apache.org'
Subject: RE: Commas in cookie values

Thanks for the prompt response.

> The cookie sent by the server clearly violates the cookie spec RFC2109.

I agree that the header is wrong, but I'm not in any position to fix the server.

> Your only resort is the NETSCAPE draft cookie policy of HttpClient 3.0, which
is the only cookie spec that permits commas in unquoted cookie values.

I'll give that a go.

> In regard to HttpClient 3.0, it's actually pretty stable.  We plan to have a
beta release quite soon, and given lack of problems encountered so far we expect
a final release to come shortly after.

I had rejected 3.0 for not fetching a page that 2.0 was happy with, but it's
probably my misunderstanding. I'll work my way through it.

Thanks again.

Duncan