From Mike Y <kemal...@yahoo.com>
Subject very simple problem... how to post data to an HttpConnection...
Date Tue, 26 Oct 2004 20:52:06 GMT
As you might guess from the subject, I'm new here.

I'm attempting to use the 2.0.2 version of this
project to create a connection, post data to it, and
read the results, or at least get a Stream of output
that I can pass someplace else.

I've been reading the Javadocs and tutorials for the
last hour at least, the tutorials seem to reference an
HttpMethod class which can't actually be found in the
Javadocs or distribution.

So, I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do.  I have:

1. String postRequest = " ... ";
2. HttpConnection c = new HttpConnection
("http://somesite/somedynamicpage.asp", 80);
3. c.setConnectionTimeout(someTimeoutValue);

4. --- Need to post my request to my connection --

return c.getResponseInputStream();

I would greatly appreciate any help here.  I hope this
is not a stupid question.  I saw and read the docs on
the PostMethod, but it's not clear to me how this
class interacts with HttpConnection.  This is likely
the result of my own mental deficiencies.

For what it is worth, the tutorial I was looking at
was here:

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-commons/httpclient/src/examples/Attic/CustomHttpConnection.java?only_with_tag=HTTPCLIENT_2_0_BRANCH&view=markup).

--Mike