hc-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Philippe Mouawad (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Comment Edited] (HTTPCLIENT-1877) java.io.EOFException: Unexpected end of ZLIB input stream
Date Tue, 24 Oct 2017 09:51:00 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HTTPCLIENT-1877?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=16216626#comment-16216626
] 

Philippe Mouawad edited comment on HTTPCLIENT-1877 at 10/24/17 9:50 AM:
------------------------------------------------------------------------

[~olegk], I don't understand your request.
When I first opened the issue with Deflate:
- I provided a patch that you refused because it could be too impacting. The patch worked
on application for Deflate.

You requested me then to provide the wire traffic, as I had written,  I don't have access
to the application on demand, so I had to wait a bit to have this access and I now create
a new issue and provided the wire traffic as I thought you wanted it to analyze the problem
and root cause.

What did I misunderstand ?
Is it that you think there is no bug in HC4 on this item ? If so, I don't think so, as content
is correctly decoded by browser with deflate, it only fails when accessed through HttpClient
4.5.3.
When we remove Deflate from Accept-Encoding, the response is correctly decoded, but unfortunately
as I don't have access  to application I cannot attach the wire response, but please believe
me on this, why would I be cheating ?

What exactly do you want me to provide beside all this ?

Thank you
Regards


was (Author: p.mouawad@ubik-ingenierie.com):
@Olegk, I don't understand your request.
When I first opened the issue with Deflate:
- I provided a patch that you refused because it could be too impacting. The patch worked
on application for Deflate.

You requested me then to provide the wire traffic, as I had written,  I don't have access
to the application on demand, so I had to wait a bit to have this access and I now create
a new issue and provided the wire traffic as I thought you wanted it to analyze the problem
and root cause.

What did I misunderstand ?
Is it that you think there is no bug in HC4 on this item ? If so, I don't think so, as content
is correctly decoded by browser with deflate, it only fails when accessed through HttpClient
4.5.3.
When we remove Deflate from Accept-Encoding, the response is correctly decoded, but unfortunately
as I don't have access  to application I cannot attach the wire response, but please believe
me on this, why would I be cheating ?

What exactly do you want me to provide beside all this ?

Thank you
Regards

> java.io.EOFException: Unexpected end of ZLIB input stream
> ---------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: HTTPCLIENT-1877
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HTTPCLIENT-1877
>             Project: HttpComponents HttpClient
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: HttpClient (classic)
>    Affects Versions: 4.5.3
>         Environment: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM  1.8.0_144
> Windows 7 Enterprise
>            Reporter: Philippe Mouawad
>         Attachments: wire.txt
>
>
> At JMeter project a user has reported an issue that generates this stacktrace :
> {code:java}
> java.io.EOFException: Unexpected end of ZLIB input stream
> 	at java.util.zip.InflaterInputStream.fill(Unknown Source)
> 	at java.util.zip.InflaterInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.http.client.entity.DeflateInputStream.read(DeflateInputStream.java:88)
> 	at org.apache.http.client.entity.LazyDecompressingInputStream.read(LazyDecompressingInputStream.java:70)
> 	at org.apache.http.conn.EofSensorInputStream.read(EofSensorInputStream.java:135)
> 	at org.apache.http.conn.EofSensorInputStream.read(EofSensorInputStream.java:148)
> 	at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.readResponse(HTTPSamplerBase.java:1814)
> 	at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPAbstractImpl.readResponse(HTTPAbstractImpl.java:440)
> 	at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPHC4Impl.sample(HTTPHC4Impl.java:433)
> 	at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerProxy.sample(HTTPSamplerProxy.java:74)
> 	at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.sample(HTTPSamplerBase.java:1189)
> 	at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.sample(HTTPSamplerBase.java:1178)
> 	at org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.executeSamplePackage(JMeterThread.java:491)
> 	at org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.processSampler(JMeterThread.java:425)
> 	at org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.run(JMeterThread.java:254)
> 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
> {code}
> Although this issue has been reported in the past through https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HTTPCLIENT-1699
, it is not yet fixed.
> I have previously reported it under https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HTTPCLIENT-1869
and was requested to provide more details
> In the attached log, the issue occurs on second request.
> Removing Deflate from Accept-Encoding is a workaround, so issue is located in Deflate
management, GZIP works fine.



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.4.14#64029)

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@hc.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@hc.apache.org


Mime
View raw message