hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Fwd: org.apache.http.entity.mime.MultipartFormEntity.getContent() 25 K hard coded limit
Date Fri, 06 Oct 2017 13:30:04 GMT
On Fri, 2017-10-06 at 07:15 -0600, Gary Gregory wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> The method
> org.apache.http.entity.mime.MultipartFormEntity.getContent()
> contains a 25 K hard coded limit.
>
> Is this arbitrary or based on an RFC or web convention?
>
> Shouldn't this be configurable.
>
> It is making edge cases in my integration tests fail.
>
> Gary

The limit is purely arbitrary because one should be using
BufferedHttpEntity in order to buffer content streaming entities if
buffering is desired. MultipartFormEntity#getContent has intentionally
been made to buffer only a small amount of content for backward
compatibility sake.

There is should be multiple discussion threads about the use of
MultipartFormEntity with the non-blocking transport in the mail
archive.

Oleg