hc-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "M.S. Dousti (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Updated] (HTTPCORE-475) Occasional issues in handling "204 No Content"
Date Mon, 03 Jul 2017 11:50:00 GMT

     [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HTTPCORE-475?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
]

M.S. Dousti updated HTTPCORE-475:
---------------------------------
    Attachment: without-proxy.png
                with-proxy.png

> Occasional issues in handling "204 No Content"
> ----------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: HTTPCORE-475
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HTTPCORE-475
>             Project: HttpComponents HttpCore
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: Examples, HttpCore
>    Affects Versions: 4.4.6
>         Environment: Windows, Java 8
>            Reporter: M.S. Dousti
>            Priority: Minor
>         Attachments: without-proxy.png, with-proxy.png
>
>
> While testing {{ElementalReverseProxy}}, I noted that occasionally, some requests fail.
Digging further, it seems that the code has some difficulty in handling POST requests whose
responses have "204 No Content" status. The bug is intermittent, so it is a bit tricky to
reproduce. One way is to run the proxy against [http://www.bing.com]. (Notice it's HTTP and
not HTTPS). Here are the steps:
> 1) Change line 274 of {{ElementalReverseProxy}} to further assist in debugging, from:
> {code:java}
> System.err.println("I/O error: " + ex.getMessage());
> {code}
> to:
> {code:java}
> ex.printStackTrace(); System.exit(-1);
> {code}
> 2) Add the following lines to your {{hosts}} file ({{/etc/hosts}} in Linux, and {{%SystemRoot%\System32\drivers\etc\hosts}}
in Windows):
> {code:none}
> 127.0.0.1 bing.com
> 127.0.0.1 www.bing.com
> {code}
> 3) Run {{ElementalReverseProxy}} against one of Bing's IP addresses. I used {{204.79.197.200}}.
> 4) Navigate your browser to {{http://www.bing.com:8888}}, and watch the output of 
> {{ElementalReverseProxy}}. Here's a sample run:
> {noformat}
> Listening on port 8888
> Incoming connection from /127.0.0.1
> Outgoing connection to /204.79.197.200
> New connection thread
> >> Request URI: /
> << Response: HTTP/1.1 200 OK
> Incoming connection from /127.0.0.1
> Outgoing connection to /204.79.197.200
> Incoming connection from /127.0.0.1
> New connection thread
> >> Request URI: /fd/ls/l?IG=3C1FD9BC348B419DAF07D5D09D135555&CID=3ED5D1926AB96D71082FDB206BCB6CA6&Type=Event.CPT&DATA={%22pp%22:{%22S%22:%22L%22,%22FC%22:-1,%22BC%22:-1,%22SE%22:-1,%22TC%22:-1,%22H%22:116,%22BP%22:134,%22CT%22:169,%22IL%22:1},%22ad%22:[-1,-1,1600,770,1600,770,0]}&P=SERP&DA=Bn2
> Outgoing connection to /204.79.197.200
> New connection thread
> >> Request URI: /fd/ls/lsp.aspx?
> Incoming connection from /127.0.0.1
> Outgoing connection to /204.79.197.200
> New connection thread
> Incoming connection from /127.0.0.1
> >> Request URI: /notifications/render?bnptrigger=%7B%22PartnerId%22%3A%22HomePage%22%2C%22IID%22%3A%22SERP.2000%22%2C%22Attributes%22%3A%7B%22RawRequestURL%22%3A%22%2F%22%7D%7D&IG=3C1FD9BC348B419DAF07D5D09D135555&IID=SERP.2000
> Outgoing connection to /204.79.197.200
> New connection thread
> Incoming connection from /127.0.0.1
> >> Request URI: /sa/8_01_0_000000/HpbHeaderPopup.js
> << Response: HTTP/1.1 204 OK
> Outgoing connection to /204.79.197.200
> New connection thread
> >> Request URI: /sa/8_01_0_000000/homepageImgViewer_c.js
> << Response: HTTP/1.1 200 OK
> << Response: HTTP/1.1 200 OK
> << Response: HTTP/1.1 200 OK
> >> Request URI: /HPImageArchive.aspx?format=js&idx=0&n=1&nc=1498898493932&pid=hp
> org.apache.http.NoHttpResponseException: The target server failed to respondIncoming
connection from /127.0.0.1
>         at org.apache.http.impl.io.DefaultHttpResponseParser.parseHead(DefaultHttpResponseParser.java:131)
>         at org.apache.http.impl.io.DefaultHttpResponseParser.parseHead(DefaultHttpResponseParser.java:53)
>         at org.apache.http.impl.io.AbstractMessageParser.parse(AbstractMessageParser.java:259)
>         at org.apache.http.impl.DefaultBHttpClientConnection.receiveResponseHeader(DefaultBHttpClientConnection.java:163)
>         at org.apache.http.protocol.HttpRequestExecutor.doReceiveResponse(HttpRequestExecutor.java:273)
>         at org.apache.http.protocol.HttpRequestExecutor.execute(HttpRequestExecutor.java:125)
>         at ElementalReverseProxy$ProxyHandler.handle(ElementalReverseProxy.java:134)
>         at org.apache.http.protocol.HttpService.doService(HttpService.java:437)
>         at org.apache.http.protocol.HttpService.handleRequest(HttpService.java:342)
>         at ElementalReverseProxy$ProxyThread.run(ElementalReverseProxy.java:262)
> {noformat}
> I don't know whether the problem lies within {{ElementalReverseProxy}}, or the way HC
handles the requests/responses.
> I also wrote a simple PHP/HTML/JavaScript to reproduce the error without relying on Bing,
which I can provide if needed.



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.4.14#64029)

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@hc.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@hc.apache.org


Mime
View raw message