hc-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Time to give up on Java 7 compatibility? [Fwd: [JENKINS] [IMPORTANT] - Jenkins Migration and Upgrade (And JDK7 deprecation)]
Date Tue, 27 Jun 2017 23:49:04 GMT
It's only Maven projects that have to be run with Java 8 on Jenkins.
And this only affects the Maven framework.

Compilation and testing can still be done with earlier Java versions.

Commons has lots of components that target Java 6 or even 5, and they
work fine with current Jenkins (which needs Java 7).

The Jenkins JVM requirement is not directly relevant to HC (or any
other project), and should not be used to drive a change.