hc-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Time to give up on Java 7 compatibility? [Fwd: [JENKINS] [IMPORTANT] - Jenkins Migration and Upgrade (And JDK7 deprecation)]
Date Tue, 27 Jun 2017 15:35:15 GMT
Giving up Java 7 works for me. It is not clear to me that the Jenkins
update does not support Java 7 at all though:

"If your Maven projects need to be built with JDK 7, consider converting
them to freestyle projects, or look into Maven toolchains."

We use Maven toolchains over at Log4j (for building some bits with Java 9)
and that works fine.

The business SSH slaves does not sound pretty though.

Travis-CI still supports Java 7 of course so we can go with that.

We just need to decide what matters for 5.0 and 4.6. Java 8 is OK here.

Gary