hc-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Osipov <micha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Git repo naming
Date Mon, 08 May 2017 18:34:24 GMT
Am 2017-05-08 um 15:51 schrieb Oleg Kalnichevski:

>>> From my point of view, httpcomponents-project is too generic. I'd
>>> rather see
>>> httpcomponents-parent.
>>>

> According to Daniel Gruno's comment we need to keep the existing repo
> names "...the existing github mirror should be retained as is when we
> switch over, git does some magic there..."
>
> I guess we have no choice as far as HttpCore and HttpClient go.

That's pretty bad actually, but we have to accept this. I asked Daniel
for a precise example.

> HttpCore -> httpcore
> HttpClient -> httpclient

I pretty much agree if there is no other option.

> Project -> httpcomponents-project
> Web site -> httpcomponents-website
>
>> This was intentional. I would also like to use that repository to
>> contain style check definitions and possibly other project global
>> things.
>>
>> Can you live with it being httpcomponents-project?

If you want to merge stuff this seems ok for me. We'd might be better
off to have a distinct directory for the parent and a dirtecory for
project-related stuff.

I assume that there will be little or no benefit by migrating project
and website since there is virtually no contribution to it, is it?

Michael